The information note was elaborated by the “Protection of Rights without Borders” NGO. The information note presents the criminal persecutions instituted against the participants of “Sasna Tsrer” group activities and other related events, as well as the human rights and especially the violation of the right to fair trail within the trial on the case of Vahan Shirkhanyan and others.
The information note summarizes and presents
- Persecutions against the citizens participating in the court sessions,
- Cases regarding the hindrance of the professional activities of the advocates,
- The persecutions and pressures against the advocates,
- Cases regarding the demonstration of violence and persecutions against the convicted,
- As well as the evaluation of the demonstration in accordance with the human rights standards.
- The legality issues of the personal inspection of the advocates were also raised in the information note from the point of Article 8 of the Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (respect to private life),
- as well as the application of judicial sanctions towards the advocates and defendants and their removal from the court sessions from the point of the right to fair trial.